The History Center of San Luis Obispo County is a California Public Benefit 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, a successor organization to the San Luis Obispo County Historical Society, chartered by the State of California on June 12, 1953. Its public sites include a gallery, research room, and gift shop in San Luis Obispo’s historic Carnegie Library building and the Dallidet Adobe and Gardens. The majority of the collections are housed in two off-site storage facilities.