The Dallidet Adobe and Gardens
Tucked away in a quiet corner of San Luis Obispo is the Dallidet Adobe & Gardens. Designated California Historical Landmark #720, the 1850’s adobe was home to Pierre Hypolite Dallidet, his wife Maria Ascension Salazar and their seven children. Pierre was the first commercial vintner in the area.
The Dallidet Adobe was acquired by the San Luis Obispo County Historical Society in 1953 from Paul Dallidet, youngest son of Pierre and Ascención. Feeling that he wanted to preserve what his parents had founded, Paul deeded the property to the then newly formed Historical Society exactly 100 years after his father arrived in San Luis Obispo. Paul resided there until he passed away on February 23, 1958, just months before his 87th birthday. Currently, the Dallidet Adobe & Gardens, owned and operated by the History Center of SLO County, is open to the public for educational tours, events, and weddings.
For more information about the Dallidet Adobe and Gardens, please visit www.dallidet.org.